Friday 29 September 2017

Methodology

The Methodology of my Primary research would start off with me trying to sort out my target audience; teenagers. Once I know what my target audience would be, I would start to create a survey that would be answered by teenagers because they use social media, play games and know things about the media in general, as well as their behaviour after reacting to something. I would need to survey 15+ teenagers because I want my research to be valid and reliable.  The advantage of using a survey would be that the teenagers will be able to answer the questions with no one present; there’s no pressure on them, unlike an interview. On the other hand, there are disadvantages, which includes the issue of time wasting. People don’t like to be thinking hard on the questions, so this gives me the thought hat my questions should be suitable and easy for them to answer. My aim is to find out why children/youth react after playing a violent game or movie. 


The methodology of my Secondary research would start off with me finding information, facts and statistics on the internet about Media violence and the effect it has on children and youth. I would search on google scholar information about Media violence and how it effects children; what type of games they play, what type of television shows and films they watch and the reactions after they view the media piece. My main aim is to find out why children/youth have violent reactions after watching films or playing games. A way of finding secondary research is by using academic sources, so information from the library or from professionals. I will need to consider this when I am collecting my secondary research. An advantage of this would be that the information I get will be reliable because it is from a source about media violence. However, a disadvantage about getting secondary research will be that it may be from an unreliable source from the internet because it may have been altered by a random person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment